Title: Product/Project Engineer
Location: Design and Manufacturing Center
Job Number: 18-002
WilMarc is a rapidly growing medical device company which is looking for an experienced Product/Project Engineer. This role will function as a member of the Research and Development team identifying and developing new products and product platforms. This role will be performance based with annual goals and objectives tied to specific project commitments.
The ideal candidate shall have strong project management skills, a proven record of product development successes and experience within a regulated environment. The candidate shall possess leadership skills to work in a very collaborative environment and the ability to lead a project team to completion within defined project deliverables.
- Responsible for project success and delivering on schedule, on budget and within defined quality guidelines.
- Capable of leading multiple projects at the same time with the ability to self-prioritize tasks and objectives based on defined project timelines.
- Provide technical solutions and guidance to defined problems with the ability to lead the manufacturing transfer and ramp up.
- Shall lead project teams from concept development through manufacturing transfer, resulting in manufacturing ramp up and release.
- Shall incorporate a six-sigma approach incorporating various risk management tools including but not limited to Applications, Design and Process failure modes effects analyses.
- Perform design analyses utilizing hand calculations as well as finite element analysis tools to predict early failures and mitigate early project risks.
- Shall be capable off defining and executing DOE studies to determine design or process variables.
- Shall be capable of defining verification protocols and associated test methods to assure product design robustness.
- Shall be capable of defining product and process validation protocols to define edge of failure and edge of process parameters while ensuring process capability.
- Writes reports and technical presentations to support the design control and design review processes.
- Capable of presenting project updates to the management team on a regular basis.
- May function in an operations function assuring manufacturing equipment is specified, designed and built properly to achieve desired product yields.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering required.
- Master of Science in Engineering preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of Medical Device product development experience is preferred.
- Exposure to Project Management is required.
REQUIRED POSITION COMPETENCIES
- SolidWorks 3D/2D modeling experience.
- Understanding of the Design and Development process.
- Understanding of external standards as they apply to the project/s at hand.
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing per ASME Y14.5 is preferred.
- Problem Solving/Analysis skills
- Team Leadership
- Quality Focus
- Presentation Skills
- Communication Proficiency
- Results Driven
- Strategic Thinking
- Travel of up to 10% may be required during peak business cycles.